YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
HPCC Family & Friends,
Church leadership continues to monitor the CDC guidelines and the number of reported cases in our area. The goal is make decisions about church activities faithfully and not fearfully. Our desire is to ensure that those people we care about are safe.
- Call the church office at 515-244-3182.
- Register by Thursday at noon – the list of those registered will be put at the north door safety station.
- Attendance is limited to 30 households/families sitting together (indicate the number of people in the group when registering).
- These doors will be opened 15 minutes before worship and the rest of the building will be considered “closed”.
- Do not come to worship if you have been exposed to the virus.
- Do not come to worship if have a fever.
- Do not arrive at the church before 10:00.
- There will be a Safety Station (staffed by 2 greeters) with face masks, a digital thermometer, hand sanitizer, and plastic/latex gloves.
- Face masks covering both the mouth and nose will be worn the entire time inside the building.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 ft. and have no physical contact with individuals outside of your household.
- Keep all belongings, including coats, with you.
- Pews in the sanctuary have been marked for social distancing and are labeled. As you enter the worship space, you will be directed to your seats by a deacon.
- At the end of worship the deacons will dismiss attendees by section to allow for social distancing after the service.
- Please sanitize/wipe down anything you have touched as you are leaving the sanctuary and building – small packages of wipes will be placed in the pews.
- No communion will be taken during worship – families will be given the meditation and words of institution to take communion at home.
- There will be no Children’s Church or Nursery care.
- Musicians, worship leaders, and the minister may remove masks when speaking.
- There will be no singing out loud – sing in your hearts and not with our lips. You are encouraged to clap, sway, tap your foot, etc.
- Baskets to collect the offering will be placed at the doors before and after worship.
- Hallways (all)
- Bathrooms (Sheri)
- Handrails (all)
- Door handles (all)
- Surfaces in the fellowship hall (all)
- Safety station (cleaned by the greeters at end of service)
There will be no Youth Group or Welcome Table until further notice.
The Clothes Closet is available by appointment only. Call or text 515-599-9644 to schedule your time. Men’s, women’s and children’s clothes available.
The staff has limited time in the office. Please send an email if you need anything.
Pastor Heather is availble to talk but limits onsite visits to critical situations. Please let the church office know if you experience any health issues.
This is a challenging time for all of us but we believe that if we are diligent with our proactive measures we can control the spread of this virus and help minimize its impact on our community and world. Please pray for all of those who are at risk, our medical professionals, and those in decision-making positions.